Table of Contents
|.||Who’s This Policy For And What Does It Cover?||1|
|.||What is “Personal Information”?||1|
|.||Personal Information We Collect And How We Collect It||2|
|.||How We Use Personal Information||3|
|.||How We Share Personal Information||3|
|.||Cookies And Online Tracking||4|
|.||Your Rights And Choices||6|
|.||Links To Third Party Sites||6|
|.||Data Subjects In The EEA, United Kingdom and Switzerland||6|
|.||Changes To This Policy||8|
You may see other privacy notices when we collect your Personal Information for certain purposes. Those notices supplement this Policy. This Policy also contains a statement specific to individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom and Switzerland. That statement supplements the rest of this Policy, but to the extent it differs from other parts of the Policy, the statement governs with respect to those areas.
We are not an affiliate of the Solana Foundation. (“Solana”), which operates the blockchain that Geopets is on.2. What is “Personal Information”?
When we say “Personal Information,” we mean information that can reasonably be linked to a particular individual, as defined in laws that may apply to you. Generally speaking, this includes your unique identifiers (full name, phone number, email address, account number, etc.), and information about your characteristics, conditions or behavior that is associated with one of your identifiers or could otherwise reasonably be linked to you.
“Non-Personal Information,” on the other hand, has been anonymized, aggregated or de-identified such that it cannot reasonably be linked to a particular individual.3. Personal Information We Collect And How We Collect ItCategories
While we may disclose other categories to you at the point of collection, the categories of Personal Information that we generally collect include:
- “Identifiers,” such as first and last name, address, email address, phone number, social media address, user name, signature, IP address, cookie ID and similar information.
- “Demographic Information,” such as age and similar information. Demographic Information may include legally protected classifications.
- “Financial Information,” such as payment card information (which a trusted vendor collects and processes on our behalf)
- “Commercial Information,” such as service or features purchased, obtained or considered, or information about how you use our Service
- “Professional or Employment Information,” such as job title and business or employer name.
- “Internet Activity,” such as device or browser information, comments or other content posted to our Service or shared with us via email, browsing activity, social media content, interactions with our Service, and interactions with marketing communications sent on our behalf.
- “Geolocation Data,” such as your approximate geographic location at the time you access our Service
From You When You Provide It. We may collect Personal Information from you directly when you fill out a form on the Site; create a user account; use the Service; pay for use of the Service; subscribe to receive communications from us; call to make an inquiry; interact with us on social media; or otherwise communicate with us.
Automatically From Your Device. Like most online services, our Site and Service may passively collect some information from users’ devices in order to make features function correctly, customize the user experience, understand how the Site or Service is being used, or measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts. Some of this data may be collected through the use of browser cookies or similar online tracking tools, which are explained below. In some cases, we limit this type of collection to Non-Personal Information. However, this data may include Personal Information such as online Identifiers and Internet Activity in some circumstances.
From Third Party Sources. We may obtain information about you from other third party sources. For example, we may collect Identifiers, Professional or Employment Information, or Internet Activity that you have chosen to disclose on social media platforms.
We may combine information collected from other sources with information collected from you or your device. To the extent the information, alone or in combination, constitutes Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information as described in this Policy.4. How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes, subject to legal restrictions in certain areas:
- To present our Site and Service and analyze how they are used;
- To personalize and improve your experience with the Site or Service;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To notify you about changes to our Site and Service and any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Service;
- To process payment for use of the Service;
- To provide you with periodic product newsletters and offers;
- To contact you and provide you with help if you have a customer service issues;
- To contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research;
- To notify you of new products or services we think you might be interested in;
- To comply with our legal obligations
- In any other way we may describe when we collect the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use Non-Personal Information for any purpose.5. How We Share Personal InformationVendors
We may share Personal Information with contractors, service providers, and other vendors who provide services to us. Examples of these services include hosting our website, storing data, performing analytics, processing payments, or sending marketing communications.
Where necessary and appropriate, our agreements with vendors prohibit them from retaining, using or disclosing the Personal Information we share with them for any purpose other than providing services to us.Analytics, Social Media and Advertising Partners
We may share your Personal Information with analytics providers, advertising networks, or social media companies to measure performance of our Site or marketing efforts, offer social media features, or deliver interest-based advertising. This sharing may involve the use of “Cookies” placed through our Site or Service by our partners, as explained here. For example, when you visit our Site, our partner’s Cookie may cause your browser to automatically send a request to our partner’s server and provide our partner with your IP address, other Identifiers, and Internet Activity.Mandatory Disclosures And Legal Proceedings
We may transfer your information in the event of the sale of substantially all of the assets of our business to a third-party or in the event of a corporate merger, consolidation, acquisition or reorganization. However, in such event, any acquirer will be subject to the provisions of our commitments to you or we will not disclose your information.With Your Direction Or Consent
We will share your Personal Information with other third parties as you may direct or otherwise consent.6. Cookies And Online TrackingWhat Are Cookies?
A browser cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores in your device’s browser. It holds information that the site uses to function properly, remember your preferences, or personalize your experience. A typical cookie contains a cookie ID, which is a unique string of characters used to identify your browser during the browsing session, or in some cases, during subsequent browsing sessions. Cookies, cookie ID’s and similar pieces of data may be considered Personal Information (Identifiers or Internet Activity) under applicable law.
Our Site uses “first party” Cookies, which are set by our web domain (genopets.me). Our Site also uses some “third party” Cookies, which are set by other web domains associated with our vendors or partners. This means that, when you visit our Site, your browser may automatically connect to our partner’s web server, as well as ours, and provide our partner with access to your online Identifiers and Internet Activity.
- Essential: Essential Cookies are necessary in order to enable you to move around our Site and use its features.
- Analytics: Analytics Cookies allow us to analyze use of our Site or Service to evaluate and improve performance.
- Marketing: Marketing Cookies are used to display ads or other content based on your interests, or to measure performance of marketing efforts, and may be used to track visitors across different online services.
Where required by applicable law, we will not use non-essential Cookies unless you provide consent or another lawful basis for their use applies.
You can block, disable or delete cookies at any time by changing the settings in your browser. However, blocking, disabling, or deleting cookies may limit your ability to view all the pages of our site or other sites. You can find more information about Cookies and other options you may have for restricting them at www.cookiesandyou.com/, www.aboutads.info/choices and www.youronlinechoices.eu.“Do Not Track”
Your browser may offer a Do Not Track (DNT) setting. If you turn that setting on, your browser sends a signal to websites indicating that you don’t want to be tracked over time or across third party sites. We don’t currently respond to these signals because there is not yet a common understanding of how to process them or a consensus on what “tracking” means.7. Your Rights And ChoicesOpt-Out Of Marketing Communications
You may opt-out of our marketing emails by using the unsubscribe link provided in the email.Your Browser And Device Settings
See Section 6 for options to restrict Cookies.Area-Specific Rights And Choices
If you are in the EEA, United Kingdom or Switzerland, you may have other rights and choices.8. Links To Third Party Sites
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or process Personal Information from individuals under the age of 16 without appropriate consent.10. Data Subjects In The EEA, United Kingdom and SwitzerlandData Controller
Personal Information that we collect regarding individuals who reside in a member state of the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland (collectively, the “Designated Countries”) is controlled by Witty Elite Limited, a British Virgin Islands company operating Genopets.me. Here is Genopets’s contact information.Lawful Bases For Processing
We may process your Personal Information for the purposes described above if at least one of the following grounds for processing applies:
- Processing is necessary for us to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- Processing fulfills our legitimate interests in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests include: protecting our Service against malicious intrusions and unauthorized use; maintaining and improving our Services; understanding how our Services are used; personalizing our Services; promoting our Services effectively; and complying with legal obligations and protecting our legal rights.
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another individual;
- You have consented to the processing
We do not make any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affects you.Your Rights Under GDPR
The GDPR provides you with the following rights, which you can exercise by contacting us:
- The right to request access to and rectification of your personal information. You may obtain additional information about our processing and a copy of your stored information. You also have the right to request that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request erasure of your personal information. You may request for us to erase your information from our systems if it is no longer necessary for the reason we collected it, or you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists.
- The right to restrict our processing of your personal information. You have the right to restrict our processing if: (1) you disagree with the accuracy of your information; (2) our processing is deemed unlawful and you do not want us to erase your information; or (3) we no longer need your information for the purposes for which we collected it but we must store it to comply with our legal obligations.
- The right to data portability. You may receive and transmit your personal information to another controller where our processing is based on consent you gave us and was carried out by automated means.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information where we process it because of a legitimate interest.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority of your member state.11. Changes To This Policy
We will update this Policy from time to time as necessary to reflect changes in applicable law, our privacy practices, or our Services. If we have your contact information, we will notify you of material changes, and you should periodically review this Policy to remain aware of our current practices.12. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or our practices, or wish to exercise your rights regarding your Personal Information under applicable law, please contact us directly at:
Witty Elite Limited
Vistra Corporate Services Centre, Wickhams Cay II, Road Town, Tortola, VG1110, British Virgin Islands.